- Start: Mar 1, 2023
- End: Mar 2, 2023
- Speaker: Dr. Sabine Preusse
- RaumZeit e.K. Coaching Beratung Training
- Location: online course
- Room: online
- Host: IMPRS for Organismal Biology
The objective of this career workshop is that researchers
• explore their individual answers to these questions while obtaining feedback to their thoughts, worries and hopes by the group and the trainer;
• try out different methods, which are helpful at any stage of reorientation in their careers might it
be in academia, industry or as an entrepreneur;
• develop a good grasp of their skills and competencies;
• uncover their personal preferences;
• understand the functions of the different elements of an application and hiring process, and
• obtain feedback on parts of their application for a position in academia or industry.
To achieve this, this workshop provides targeted information and plenty of time to try out methods which are used by the trainer in individual career coaching.
This workshop provides a mixture of presentations, group work and individual work. Participants will have the opportunity to dive into further details of their own application documents. There will be the opportunity to obtain some feedback - either in the group or individually.
Take home messages
At the end of the workshop, the participants will have the following results:
• A first understanding of what they want to do in the future;
• A list of events in the pasts highlighting expertise, abilities and competencies;
• A detailed understanding of skills and competencies;
• Building blocks for a job application in academia or industry;
• Feedback on strengths and weaknesses;
• Plan: How do I find the right position for me?
• A set of tools and methods to go through the same process whenever needed.